Destiny 2 will be following in the footsteps of Cyberpunk, Assassins Creed, and Fifa with their latest announcement that Destiny 2 will be given a next generation boost by Bungie for the PS5 and Xbox Series X.
The update from Bungie will bring new Field of View options, faster load times and a much smoother frame rate. With all things Bungie though, it won’t meet the deadline for launch of
Bungie’s also blessing console Guardians with 4K support, 60 frames per second and an FOV slider with a range that even rivals PC players. The little brother Xbox Series S will get 1080p, not 4K though.
Guardian’s while will be able to play cross-gen multiplayer if you play on launch on their respective dates but unfortunately the optimised update won’t land, they said in a blog post till December 8th.
What to do while you wait
For hardcore fans though this won’t be too much of an issue, December is November’s neighbour and the wait will likely be definitely worth it. Long standing games such as Destiny will have been a worry for some with the announcement of the new consoles but Bungie is stepping up to the plate and delivering for all Guardians not just PC ones.
The best thing though? It’s free for all players. So why not treat yourself to one of our boosts instead.
Listed below are all the features coming in Bungies console update:
• 60FPS and 4K performance on PS5 and Xbox Series X
• The Series S version will work at 1080p and 60fps.
• Load time improvements
• Field of View slider support
• Inter-generational cross-play i.e., from Xbox Series to Xbox One and PS5 to PS4.
• Paid expansions, season passes and Silver carrying over between generations i.e., from Xbox Series to Xbox One and PS5 to PS4.