The Destiny 2 update 1.38 (v2.5.2) is rolling out for console players, officially launching the Solistice of Heroes event. Time to go find Eva Levante again and dive into the all-new European Aerial Zone for some match-made, 3-player, race-against-the-clock, mini-boss killing, fun in the sun! For more information click here >
Bungie has confirmed that Solstice of Heroes' armor will, in fact, be the first 2.0 armor set you can obtain. This means Solstice of Heroes' armor will be compatible with Destiny 2's all new, 2.0 armor system launching in September's Shadowkeep expansion.
This system is supposed to allow players to keep and upgrade the armor they like, rather than forcing them to use other amor just because it has the stats and perks they need. For more information click here >
Finally lets a take a look at what else is in the patch. Nothing too significant; the 'not spawning in Crucible' fix is finally applied. The Iron Banner Sword and Grenade quest requirement reductions make sense as they were tough to attain solo.
Lord of Wolves was finally nerfed. The silver lining? You'll always have an Emblem to remember those OP times. But still, the weapon works well for close proximity, short burst kills.
Lord of Wolves
- Reducing the amount of ammo Shotgun scavenger perks can give to Lord of Wolves when in the Release the Wolves state.
- Decreasing the effective range on Lord of Wolves.
- This decrease is more aggressive when in the Release the Wolves state.
- Tribute Hall Triumphs for “The Emperor’s Gladiator” and “Scoundrel in Uniform” will no longer require a full set of Leviathan gear equipped to progress.
- Players will earn more points based on the number of gear pieces worn, similar to other Triumphs.
- Iron Banner quest objective values will been adjusted for future events
- Reducing grenade kills required by 50%, and ally grenade kills will be worth as much as your own.
- Reducing Sword kills required by 25%, and ally sword kills will be worth as much as your own.
- Heroic Menagerie will drop a Sword for first time completion (100%).
- Subsequent completions will have a moderate chance to drop a sword (25%).
- Destiny 2 1.38 fixed an issue where completion notifications did not appear after completing bounties.
- This will also fix an issue where players would sometimes not spawn during a Crucible match.
Destiny 2 update 1.38 (v2.5.2) is now available for download.