Weekly Reset Update 8/13/2019
MINI-BOSSES, MOMENTS OF TRIUMPH, MICRO SPARROWS AND EMBLEMS
Minibosses, Moments of Trumph, Mini Micro Sparrows and Emblem News
The Solstice of Heroes Armor 'defeat 100 minibosses' parameter gets even easier (killing the main boss now counts as 5 minibosses), the Moments of Triumph end date gets extended to 9/17, the Mini Micro-Sparrow gets a new, size-appropriate Microdrive and the 'Wolves Unleashed' and 'Prismatic Inferno' emblems can now be reclaimed from Collections.
It's nice that Bungie can identify and course correct an overreaching objective among an already grindy set of tasks (defeat 100 minibosses), but what about the players who've already completed the objective the hard way? Not the ones who gamed the system (which was possible in this instance, if you played with an organized Fire Team and got the right end zone boss), but actually ran the EAZ enough times to kill 100 minibosses? This kind of afer-the-face 'grind softening' always leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of players who did it the hard way, and there is never an effort made to compensate them. In my opinon this has got to be addressed one way or another, especially considering the players who do complete these objectives early on are typically Destiny 2's biggest fans. If Bungie have to reduce the difficulty of tasks, consider compensating those who already completed them the hard way.
Solstice of Heroes
- The Solstice armor step objective “defeat 100 minibosses in the EAZ” has been updated
- Now requires only 50 minibosses
- Completing the boss phase counts as 5 miniboss kills
Moments of Triumph
- End date for Moments of Triumph has been extended to 9/17 (changed from 8/27)
- Moments of Triumph T-shirt claim date has been extended to 9/17
- Micro Mini Sparrow has a new, size-appropriate, Microdrive
- The “Wolves Unleashed” and “Prismatic Inferno” emblems can now be reclaimed from Collections